Using Certification Status To Filter Outcomes Data
“What are the top priority outcomes for people we support? Where do we need to put the resources? So all that data, and the reliability of it through certification, will help us in the future with that strategic planning aspect,” says Jeff Pederson, former President of CHI Friendship, located in Fargo, North Dakota. For obvious reasons, the value of data is significantly impacted by its accuracy. CQL Certification helps those working with the Personal Outcome Measures® to ensure that the information and data gathered is valid and reliable. When analyzing data through CQL's new data system PORTAL, users are able to filter their data based on the interviewer's certification status.
This functionality allows PORTAL users to review data specifically collected by those who have been recognized as valid and reliable interviewers, and through reporting, compare it to those who have never achieved CQL Certification or those who have had their certification expire. This information can be useful in identifying any potential disparities in outcomes data based on certification status, and determining next steps in confronting those disparities. Within PORTAL, certification status is categorized into three different segments:
- Certified Interviewer (current) - Passed interrater reliability test with CQL staff
- Certified Interviewer (expired) - Passed interrater reliability test with CQL staff
- Non-certified Interviewer - Trained in POMs but DID NOT take/pass interrater reliability test
To learn more about the analytics capabilities involving the evaluation of data by certification status, you can view the short video and step-by-step directions below. If you are interested in finding out about the full range of benefits and features that CQL's new data system PORTAL has to offer, or request access, visit: https://c-q-l.org/PORTAL
Analytics By Certification Status: Step-By-Step Directions
- Log in to your PORTAL account
- Click on the 'Analytics' tab at the top of your screen
- Select the 'SURVEYS' analytical tool
- Select the 'VIEWS Dashboard' option
- Select the desired survey analytics view
- Under the 'Question' Dropdown box, choose 'Demo - Interviewer 1 - Certification Status'
- Under the 'Answer' Dropdown box, choose the appropriate certification status
- Select any additional filtering/sorting options (optional)
- Click on the 'Filter' button
- Scroll down to view outcomes data
Interested in learning more? See our webinar on certification and reliability!
Need Technical Assistance?