TITLE Project Manager - Outreach for Ligas Consent Decree in Illinois
Brief Position Description
CQL has been awarded a contract with the State of Illinois to perform outreach activitiesmandated in the Ligas v. Hamos Consent Decree and its Implementation Plan. The purpose of the outreach is tomaintain a fair and accessible process by which individuals with developmental disabilities or their legal guardians can affirmatively request to receive community-based services or ICF/DD services.
The full-time (1.0 FTE) Project Manager of this effort will participate in planning and oversee day-to-day implementation of all project activities, assure project goals and deadlines are achieved, supervise project staff, and demonstrate positive collaboration with all project collaborators. This position will work under the supervision of a Project Director.
This project has a 30-month timeframe, from April 2013 to September 2015. We seek a Project Manager who can begin as soon as possible, and be available for the duration of the effort.
Duties and Responsibilities
In coordination with the Project Director, the Project Manager will:
- Develop implementation plans for the scope of work (e.g., timelines, communication plans, staffing and supervision plans, budgets, project reports and presentations);
- Coordinate the delivery of all project services and activities;
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained and process efficiency is implemented;
- Develop and maintains communication with key individuals within assigned project;
- Share learning from the project throughout CQL for the benefit of other projects; and
- Other relevant duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex and varied project expectations and deliverables;
- Demonstrated experience in the fields of intellectual and developmental disabilities;
- Strong analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving skills;
- Skilled communicator who is attentive to detail;
- Demonstrated written and oral presentation skills;
- Advanced knowledge of Word, Excel and the use of spreadsheets; and
- Master’s degree in human service related field or 5 years relevant experience.
SALARY: $60,000 – $75,000 commensurate with experience
DEADLINE: Submit a resume and cover letter to CQLsearch@thecouncil.org by
Friday, April 19, 2013.